Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Baked Sweet Potato Donuts.....

My sweet friend Jennifer is super mom, no joke, that girl is amazing! Today while i was at work, during break of course, I was surfing facebook. Jennifer posted a picture of the donuts she was making for her family. I wish I was half as fantastic as Jennifer is so I thought to myself "come on, you can do it too, why not?" So all afternoon all I could think about was Krispy Kreme donuts and how I wanted to make me some donuts that tasted as good as Jennifer's looked (those who know her know that anything that girl touches tastes like heaven). After a long day at work I came home, looked up a recipe for homemade donuts and contemplated my plan. All the recipes I found the dough had to rise for an hour, who has an hour? So I looked around pinterest until i found a recipe that didn't require a wait period, by the time I was done searching I could've had the dough made and resting but NO, I have to be difficult. I peeled and cooked the sweet potatoes then finally used my potato ricer to "finely mash the potatoes" - I've had the ricer for three years and didn't take it out of the box until tonight (because I swore I would someday make gnocchi HA). After mixing and rolling I finally popped those bad boys into the oven. 15 minutes later - this is what comes out. They tasted like a sweet potato, NOTHING resembling a donut.
Next time I want to try something because I'm craving it I'll either buy it or call Jennifer.......