Monday, January 18, 2010

It's About Time....

.....that I finally make a post! You'll have to forgive me, life has been crazy! Right after I returned to work after maternity leave I was promoted. Then school resumed. Thank God for Bryan's mom, she is a life saver. She babysits for us 4 days a week, Bryan works nights and I work days so she babysits while he sleeps, Thankfully we have our days off together so we do get to spend a day together. Which brings me to my next subject, work, ugh. I hate my job. I hate my job. I hate job. Currently trying to find a way to make money and be able to stay home with Jewels. Bryan works for the Bureau of Prisons but is trying to moving into a different division and when he does he will be making more money therefore something part time would be fantastic!!! Enough about us, lets talk about Jewels....

.....She will already be 7 months on the 25th!! I can not believe she is growing up so fast! She sits up on her own, rolls all over the place, and blows raspberries and absolutely LOVES peek-a-boo. I love her little laugh!

She had her 6 month appointment after Christmas, she weighed 17lbs and is 27 inches. Depends on the style of clothes she is in 6-9 months! At first we were going to make her food and did but then discovered the awesome variety of organic baby food at Babies-R-Us. I think I have more fun with the food selection then she does. They have all kinds and its so fun for her to discover the different flavors, however, we are Chick-a-terian's and are not giving her any meat. When she is older we will discuss giving her chicken but nothing for a while. It's just gross. Jewels loves all fruits and veggies, except for this "Summer Vegetable Dinner" from Earth's Best that she can not stand (it contains corn, garbanzo beans, zucchini, green beans, and carrots). It was funny to see her face when she ate it. She loves peas, green beans, bananas, apricots, peaches, pears, etc.

I was reading a baby book and it says to introduce no more then 4oz a day of juice. The first day I gave her juice I forgot to dilute it and she gave us many presents the next day! I was like "what is going on?" then remembered about the juice. Now I give her a diluted amount of juice. The problem is is that the book said to introduce juice in a sippy cup so that the baby knows she gets juice from a sippy cup and formula from a bottle. I have bought two different types/brand of sippy cups b/c she drowns herself with juice. The package says it allows the child to control the amount of fluid that comes out and the book says the child will eventually get used to the flow but man, I hate to see her cover herself in juice everyday. It will come, I suppose.