Wednesday, June 3, 2009

35 Weeks and Counting!

Afternoon all! So much as happened the past couple of weeks! I've had two baby showers and at least 5 Dr appointments. Being I have gestational diabetes I have 2 NST's a week on top of a Dr appointment a week and a meeting at the Diabetes Center at the hospital every week. NST's are non stress tests, I get hooked up to two monitors, one to monitor the babies heartbeat and movement and then one to monitor my uterus; just to make sure the baby isn't under any stress. The Dr wants to make sure I don't go into pre-clampsia( I hope I spelled that right, you know what I mean). So far the NST's have been fantastic, the baby moves around and is very active so I never have to do a full 30 minutes, I usually have to do about 10-15 minutes. Last week I had a sonogram to determine how big Jewellee is and so far she is 4.5 lbs, a lot smaller then what the Dr was expecting, which is good. If the baby gets big because of the diabetes then I will have to have a c-section because there will be too much stress on her shoulders to push. I'm excited! I will post pictures of both showers when I get them emailed to me so look forward to the fun! Thank you to everyone once again to came and for all your support! Ta ta for now!