Sunday, April 19, 2009

Glucose Test

Afternoon all! So here is the update I promised last week. This past Thursday I had my glucose test, just the one hour test this go round. It came back high, the highest allowed is 130 and I came back 157. SO I have to go in this coming Wednesday for the three hour test and honestly I am not looking forward to it, I think more so the sit and wait then anything. I get the pleasure of fasting for 12 hours before hand then going in, they will draw my blood then I will drink the 50gm juice, sit for an hour, draw more blood, drink the 100gm juice, sit for an hour, draw blood, sit for another hour, draw more blood. Maybe I will go buy myself a good book to read that I have wanted or even continue in the Breastfeeding book Mama Pay (Bry's mom, her name is Patti, inside joke) bought me. If it comes back high again I will be diagnosed with gestational diabetes so lets pray that it comes back normal. If it does come back high then I will be taking nutritional classes to assist with the rest of my pregnancy, which will be cut short and we would have the possibility of having Jewellee in June (which is not that far away, AHHH!!!) Bry and I are signing up for classes at the hospital (I know, we are procrastinators) at TMC though we plan on delivering at St. Joes. St. Joe's classes are not till June and obviously we would be cutting that one close. I will catch up with everyone after my next appt on Wednesday. Keep me in your prayers! Ta Ta for now (we're going on a date tonight, I better start getting ready). Hugs!